Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Invigilation -

It is exam time and exam moderation is tedious. But the tedium gives me time to think about learning and authority and motivation and talent.

I have tried to balance carrots and sticks this year. I would prefer to just use carrots, but either my technique is off, or some people only respond to the stick. I have also being trying to work out what motivates cheating and what is the best way to deter it.

It has been nice to see my students in the context of their other subjects. Even if they are crap at my subject, maybe they are good at Physics?



















I was a bit conflicted about knitting during exam supervision. However, I tried marking today and couldn't divide my concentration. I don't need to concentrate on knitting.

No comments: