Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Green -

I have a favourite biscuit recipe - I made it up myself, it is an M&Ms and Baileys recipe. When I grabbed the most recent packet of M&Ms at the shops, I wasn't paying attention. The M&Ms were all the same colour. It Irished up the biscuits.














I am so nearly there with the hap blanket, only you can't see because it looks like a large, blobby sea creature, not a blanket.














And I found a clothes moth - chemical warfare has ensued.














M&Ms and Bailey's biscuits
, by me

125 g butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
glug of Baileys
2 eggs
1 tsp bicarb soda
2 cups plain flour*
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 250g packet M&Ms**

oven 180° C
baking paper
2 x oven trays

cream butter and sugar.
mix in Baileys.
add eggs, one by one.
mix in the rest by hand.

Bake 12-15 minutes (until they have browned a little) (in my oven [poor lame duck that it is] they can take nearly half an hour).

*if you accidentally use self-raising flour it makes them huge and chewy - not necessarily a bad thing (I accidentally make them with self-raising flour every time now)
**you might be tempted to go more, I often am, but it ends with bad clumping of M&Ms.

3 comments:

Sharondoubleknit said...

Inspired! I made these on Sunday, brought them in to work, and now I am VERY popular. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Ceels said...

I am so glad it worked out well for you. I think they are the most popular of the things I bake.

Morag said...

I just took the first batch out of the oven and they smell divine. I'm going to have a hard time not eating them all (or having Josh eat them all) before I take them to the cookie exchange party tomorrow.