Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sock Summit Friday Part 2 -

At midday we joined the record attempt at the convention center. And then, when Lis went to the book signing, Morag and I ventured downtown for lunch and Powells.














And with Powells, so concluded the process of falling in love with Portland. I kept picking up books until my arms were full and then swapping them for other ones. Finally, I reminded myself that I had to fit everything in my luggage and left with 3 cookbooks.














We were so overwhelmed we had to retire for chai and some nectarine and blackberry pie in nearby half and half. Then we had rooibos and a cookie.














This car was parked opposite, I had to get a shot for my brother.














And this delightful man was our waiter. He gave me a lucky penny.

No comments: