Monday, May 25, 2009

Granny Square -

My single minded devotion to knitting, that lasted all though the hot summer when normally I turn to embroidery, has finally fallen and it can't get up.

In the last two months I have knit one baby jumper and have been otherwise entranced by what is now the biggest granny square I have ever seen. It is using up yarn so fast - which is the type of stash-busting exercise I need right now.














It requires no brain and keeps me very warm while I am making it. I am starting to feel like I might have forgotten how to knit...

The new girl kitten is settling in. Digby doesn't suit her at all. I contemplated Jekyll and Hyde, given her behaviour towards me. Sun Yi is the latest idea. She has a rather distinct superman S on her side, so an 'S' name seems suitable.














So I need a good 'S' name for a girl cat who sometimes snuggles me, some times tries to rip my arm to shreds.

2 comments:

Bec said...

You have 14 skeins of Noro?? and were making me feel guilty for manipulating you into buying 4? I wanna feel that blanket :)

Ceels said...

well, not any more...