Saturday, May 03, 2008

No, I will not turn on the heater -

I started another garter stitch scarf back in summer. It is in the Kimono Angora Pure by Louisa Harding, and possibly not the best choice for summer knitting.

I bought four balls. I've already made two scarves from this yarn as gifts and decided I wanted a longer one. At the end of the second ball it was clear that, in garter stitch, this yarn was going to go a long way.

I decided to knit matching fingerless mittens, discovered Ysolda's garter mitts, and stalled.

I had a complete mental block over yarn and mitts and making something for myself (there are all these babies on the way) and put it all away. Finally, last weekend, the motivation to make them was provided by the weather and my determination not to put on a heater until I move house. My fingers were freezing while doing cross stitch and these will be perfect to combat that.















They will also be perfect for knitting, walking to work, reading, marking and typing (if you don't mind a little fluff in the keyboard). They took less than a ball and about four hours knitting time each.

No comments: