Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sweet little sockies -

The first one took a week, second one took an afternoon. They are the cutest damn things made out of left-over yarn from ill-fated socks. It is Regia Silk. I made a pair of socks out of it for my ex's dad. It is delicious yarn, if I had the time and patience I'd make a jumper out of it. The making of those socks saw blood (nicked myself on my embroidery scissors), sweat (it was late summer) and tears (Port Fairy Folk Festival, John McCutcheon).

I used the yarn to ensure the socks be extra perfect, but I never did get gift giving right with his parents. Hopefully gift giving to family will work out better.















They are too big, I tried them on my friends' 10 month baby and him they fit beautifully, but they say babies grow... Welcome to the world Matilda Popsie.

No comments: