Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Long Time Scarf -

I don't know if I have mentioned this as one of the UFOs or not. The week I got home from China (the first time) I found a place to live; enrolled in uni; bought a bed; started uni and bought many balls of Jo Sharp DK to make a scarf with.

I wanted it to look like a stockinette scarf, but I didn't like how stockinette curled. So, in my wisdom, I chose to knit it in a one by one rib on 2.75mm needles (you heard me). I could only knit in straight lines and my imagination didn't run to borders.

It took at least two years to finish (mainly because of the relentless pain). Don't you think it's pretty? And why do I call it a UFO?















I loathe sewing in ends. I sat down and had a heart to heart the other night with it and a darning needle, but still so many. They mock my pain.















It's been six years now. I'd like to wear it this winter.

1 comment:

gg said...

6 years? 6 years ago I wasn't even knitting. Your ends scare me.