I returned the gorgeous little 10" Cricket loom to its delightful owners and warped up the 20" Ashford Knitter's Loom I just got from the Handweavers and Spinners guild. I decided to buy the 20" in large part because that is what they had there, but also because the next size up wouldn't have fit on my work table.
I think I still like the Cricket more. It was so handy and I could use it anywhere around the house and it fit quite neatly into one of those sturdy shopping bags if you wanted to take it to a friend's house.
This project was done with 6 skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn. They made up a kind of gradient set that I was originally knitting into a stole for a friend, but I didn't really love the lace pattern (looked great, bugger to knit) and it had been stalled for about 6 years. The biggest mistake I made was unravel the yarn that had been knit and not wash the kink out of it (I didn't want to wait for it to dry, I wanted to start right away). It played merry hell with the tension which made it quite challenging to weave. Even harder than the silk/cashmere.