Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Festival

I love walking home each night at the end of the music and it is quiet and there is no one around.















I have been walking home in the dark from the festival for more than 20 years, now.














John McCutcheon was one of the first artists I saw and he secured a place in my folk festival heart when he played Christmas in the Trenches, and he has made me cry at least once every concert I have seen of his, since. This year with Sara Tucholsky and (again) with Пусть всегда будет солнце. I swear he paused to let me take the photo and smiled at me after.














Narasirato Pan Pipers. Panpipes, who'd have thought.














I am also pretty enamoured with the crayola song. And the Angel song. And Jenny Jenkins (except sung by the Whitetop Mountaineers).

No comments: