Sunday, May 09, 2010

Baktus

I have had this skein of Jitterbug for a while. I had planned to make another baby surprise















But, instead, I went with a baktus. It was a bit funny looking in garter, so I switched to moss stitch and fell madly in love with it. I thought it was kinda too 'distinct' to give as a gift, but a friend admired it two weeks ago (while I was knitting it) and it was her birthday last week, so...














Naturally, I immediately cast on a baktus for me. I am using the sundara that I started a baktus with many moons ago, but it wasn't right, and the moss stitch has come to the rescue again.

6 comments:

Morag said...

Ooh, gorgeous! Nothing too "unique" about that at all. I would wear it in a heartbeat.

Ceels said...

Thank you! I love it too, I am even contemplating a skein of smooshy, cause I think it will be lovely. China apple? Poma-grenade? Dusky Aurora? And another nother one in happy forest, of course.

gg said...

Moss on small needles? Crazy. what happened to the garter love?
On a slightly different matter, I am laughing, and you'll know why soonish.

Ceels said...

Ahhh, soothing soothing moss stitch. I am doing it again with your skein of sundara on even smaller needles at the moment.

Also, are you trying to kill me with the curiosity??

gg said...

insert maniacal laughter

ljcoz said...

I am laughing at you two! Guess what I started on Sunday! you guessed it.