Friday, January 08, 2010

Double Happiness Prototype #1

I had been in such a knitting funk since Portland. Had lost all the knitting love and felt meh about all my yarn. De-stashing helped enormously, the stress of all that yarn waiting to be knit paralysed me.

But the main motivating factor was a dear friend in Canada asking me to make her a shawl for her wedding day. Suddenly, yarn was exciting and patterns were exciting and knitting was exciting.

















Now I am staying with her in Vancouver and 'proper' winter is also proving an excellent motivation to wield my sticks and string. I realise, of course, that it is not winter in Canada if it is not -22 degrees, but I am finding Vancouver winter quite satisfactory, thank you.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

L-o-v-e-l-y!

Don't feel the pressure of your stash, just get better storage. If you can't see it, it doesn't exist!

Ceels said...

Thank you!

I need to get some opaque plastic tubs, I guess :)