Thursday, October 22, 2009

botanical stuff

A pine cone from the lone pine on the hill at Gallipoli came home with a soldier and then his sister Emma grew a couple of trees. They have been saying for years that the trees are barren and you can't grow any more of them. I few years back I got all 'well, we'll just see about that' and grew a couple of seedlings (that a hot Melbourne day promptly killed) - I am as mad as hell that I didn't manage to grow the first trees, but since I got them to sprout, other people have tried and succeeded, so at least I can make a minor claim towards the continuation of this Pinus Brutia.




















































This is a great plant (that bit me when I got too close). I have forgotten its name already, but it had something to do with elephants.

No comments: