Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Birthday knitting -

My go everywhere, knit when I have a spare minute project was the Indigo Ripples Skirt. I cast it on while watching Harry Potter, followed the pattern for a bit. This latest Harry Potter was really dark. When I got home I ripped it out; cast on fewer stitches on smaller needles (now 3.5mm) and went at it. The lace bit has slowed me down (no more knitting in the dark).















And this angora scarf has taken over for the now. It is Louisa Harding Kimono and I want one for *me*. It is a the very simple broken rib stitch (not to be confused with the very simple mistake rib stitch) from Barbara Walker. It feels like wearing very warm nothing around your neck (it is much longer now).















I have discovered something about black. I still love my new Holz und Stein, I still love the angora, I love the stitch pattern, but I am finding the black tedious. There go any immediate plans for knitting an enormous dishcloth shawl out of black Bendi alpaca.

No comments: