Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weaving with cashmere is a pain, but the result is so so worth it.

My main obsession continues to be weaving. I still have raggedy edges, but the fabric! Oh the fabric. This was the next project on the 10" cricket (which I have now returned). The next project is warped on the 20" Knitter's Loom I bought at the Handweavers and Spinners Guild. I had a few hiccups with the Knitter's Loom, and I found the Cricket sturdier and more fun to use, but I am getting used to the new loom (and the amount of table space it is taking up).
















I am still half-heartedly poking away at the Tardis shawl. I mucked up the lace across the back, but I think I have fudged it and now I am knitting the Tardis(es). I am interested in the end product, but the getting there is a bit of an uphill battle and is losing out to the weaving most of the time. 
















The sock blanket has had a bit of a comeback, too. I have been knitting this on and off (mostly off) since the start of 2008, but something about it has lit a fire under me recently. I'll probably get in a few more diamonds before my attention wanders again. I have no urge to start any new knitting projects right now (which feels weird) because my mind is so taken up with the possibilities of weaving.

















No comments: